Finley’s birthday is this week and I wanted to make sure I made her feel special! One thing she loves? Pink! Another? Candy! Mom and I had fun crafting these candy centerpieces for Finley and I know you will too. As usual with our DIY’s and How-To’s: it’s easy peasy!
What you will need:
- Tall candlesticks. Make sure it is wide enough and sturdy enough to hold the lollipop filled ball. We painted ours with hot pink Amy Howard paint. Available at Lauren Nicole Home of course.
- Assorted ribbons
- Round floral ball. We got ours from Hobby Lobby and chose the bigger version!
- Tootsie Roll Pops or Dum Dums
- Trim the bottom of the round floral ball so that it can stand up on it’s own. We trimmed ours with a kitchen knife and it was pretty easy.
- Insert candy lollipops into floral ball until it is fully covered. It takes a LOT more than you think. I think we bought a total of 10 bags for these 2!
- Place decorated ball on top of candlestick.
- Tie ribbons around the candlestick for additional decoration.
- Tip: if you are worried about the floral ball falling off the candlestick, use some hot glue to make sure it’s in place.
Of course we had to try out the lollipops to make sure they were tasty…
Here we go! I love how Mom’s nails match our pink theme we’ve got going on.
Olivia likes to join in on the fun and Clover was having fun on the back porch.
After it’s full of lollipops, place on top of the candlesticks and VOILA!
We tied this ribbon around to add some pizzazz. Recommendation: don’t buy ribbon with glitter. I am still cleaning that up!
We love these so much! We can envision different candies and colors for other occasions too.
Do tell: Do you craft for birthdays too? If so, please share pictures and ideas!