The Christmas holiday is officially behind us, and it’s time to start putting those decorations away and getting your space back to its former glory. All of the pretty wrapping paper is gone and all of the soft twinkling lights are packed away and as much as I love Christmas, I’m usually ready to get back to my everyday decor again. It’s the perfect time to reassess your home design with fresh eyes.
1. Stop and Take Stock! Take stock of what you love about the room and how you’d like it to ultimately feel.
2. Start by adding back one thing at a time. Remember, things to necessarily have to go back where you had them. That’s part of the fun!
3. Greenery: You know I’m all about the greenery in my design so when the pine and magnolia come down, consider adding back greenery in preserved boxwoods, faux florals (the good kind) or even cotton in stems or balls.
2. Swap Out Pillows & Artwork: Since you’re already moving holiday decor back up to the attic, use this as a chance to swap out your pillows and artwork. Pillows are an easy and quick change. You can go from wintery/holiday to fresh and bright in seconds. Changing your artwork in your main living areas can make a huge impact and breathe life into your space. Play around with it and have fun! And make sure your artwork fits the space.
3. Make Over your Mantle: I’ll place cotton stems or greenery around the base of my wire-vases. Add color and freshness because that’s probably what you’re craving after the holidays.
4. Your Front Door: I’m all about a wreath year-round! Consider swapping out your holiday wreath for a cotton wreath. Cotton is a gorgeous year-round staple in my home. And remember from last time I was here, 30-36-inches is the perfect sized wreath. Bigger is better!
For more tips on how to refresh your space after the holiday rush, tune into WCNC’s Charlotte Today this morning!